MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: My site is down due to a SQL error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was deleting a post and now I'm getting this error when I try to view my site:

MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ')' at line 1
Query:
SELECT tid,dateline FROM mybb_threadsread WHERE uid='1' AND tid IN()

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

It's only happening in Chrome, which is what I was using when it broke. It's working in IE. I'm assuming is has something to do with my admin account since it's user ID 1 and I'm still logged in with Chrome. I'm afraid to even try to log in with my admin account in IE. Any suggestions?

I just logged in with a registered user's account with IE and it broke again.

Crisis averted. Apparently it was a problem with my server because it's resolved itself. Whew.

Well now it's done it again. I can't figure out what's causing this problem, but it keeps happening when I'm deleting a post. Not every time I delete a post, but that's was I was doing the two times it happened. Same error and my site is down again.
If it only happends on chrome and not on any other browser I would suggest you to do 2 things first:

1) Check if anyone else sees this error.
2) Clear your complete cache.

I think that when you have SQL errors it would have this problem on every browser... SQL is not really browser sided.
(2013-01-11, 10:09 AM)egbertjan Wrote: [ -> ]If it only happends on chrome and not on any other browser I would suggest you to do 2 things first:

1) Check if anyone else sees this error.
2) Clear your complete cache.

I think that when you have SQL errors it would have this problem on every browser... SQL is not really browser sided.

It only worked in IE until I logged in, then it broke in that browser. Apparently I can view as a guest, but not while logged in. But it doesn't happen all the time, only after I delete a post, but not every time I delete a post. It's back up now, but I'm going to constantly be worried it's going to do again.