MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Convert from Forumotion to MyBB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Is that possible? How would I go about doing it?
You can't unless Forumotion are willing to give you a copy of the database. I wouldn't count on it though.
Why you should never use such services in the first place.
Because I'm an idiot. I don't have a real forum, so I used forumotion to try and see how it works. I don't know what I'm doing is basically my answer to your question.
There is two ways you can go about this.

1) Pay for the database by PM'ing the owners and waiting for a long time to get a response.
2) <snip>
(2013-01-11, 05:56 PM)Roach Wrote: [ -> ]There is two ways you can go about this.

1) Pay for the database by PM'ing the owners and waiting for a long time to get a response.
2) <snip>

I've snipped that as that's against Forumotion's Terms of Service and not something we would condone.
(2013-01-11, 06:04 PM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-01-11, 05:56 PM)Roach Wrote: [ -> ]There is two ways you can go about this.

2) <snip>

I've snipped that as that's against Forumotion's Terms of Service and not something we would condone.

Fair enough even though I am sure it has been discussed before. Nonetheless there is no real other ways which is a shame.
(2013-01-11, 11:22 AM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]You can't unless Forumotion are willing to give you a copy of the database. I wouldn't count on it though.

I spoke to forumotion once regarding this and they clearly refused to give the DB.
(2013-01-11, 01:06 PM)NoPizza Wrote: [ -> ]Because I'm an idiot. I don't have a real forum, so I used forumotion to try and see how it works. I don't know what I'm doing is basically my answer to your question.

Your forum cannot be that huge, then ... would it be such a big loss?
(2013-01-12, 01:14 AM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-01-11, 01:06 PM)NoPizza Wrote: [ -> ]Because I'm an idiot. I don't have a real forum, so I used forumotion to try and see how it works. I don't know what I'm doing is basically my answer to your question.

Your forum cannot be that huge, then ... would it be such a big loss?

Or create a MyBB forum and tell all your members to sign up on the new site. OP will lose content but not members which is the most important in my opinion.
Pages: 1 2