MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Little Help Needed for Code Modification
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I want a little help to create a small mode of my own.

The things I want to do is:

Iam on the thread display page, ie. When anyone viewing the thread, I would like to see them one property of the user who created that thread.

The user's property is embeded on the user's table.

First I would like to Identify the user created the thread.

Then fetch the property of the particular user from the user's table.

Then display it on the page to a specific part mentioned on the template.

Thats all.

Help me please...
What? Please give us a better example of what you want. There are custom profile fields already built into mybb. You may need to use that feature for what you attempting to do.
I would like to display some content of the specific users on his thread.

The content should display between the post or like the inline ad mod.

Each of the user should have the facility on the cpane page to insert their contents on a seperate field.

Thats all. Every thread shows the contents entered by the user who created the thread. Remember that the content should shown as inline ads.
Yeah that sounds like a simple custom profile field. You can make that in the admincp. You can add it simply to your postbit template. Do a search here for "custom profile".

http://community.mybboard.net/showthread...2#pid72782

Try that.
Thats OK.

But I need to display them on the thread where the inline ads were shown.
Ugh..that seems odd. What exactly are you trying to do? Are you attempting to do a revenue sharing mod or something?
Yes, Some thing like revenue share.

The above mentioned custom field will display on every posts. I only want to display them only once on the thread.