MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Couple of code questions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
1: How can I make it so the Username displayed in threads is a smaller text size than the default one. Because I would like the make the Username text slightly smaller in size displayed.

2: When you look at a category name heading it has these ">>" before the name dosplayed, how can I remove the ">>" before the category name. So it only shows the name without the ">>" before it.
Gimme a sec and I'll install a test board on localhost to find the answers, brb =)
Gary Bolton Wrote:1: How can I make it so the Username displayed in threads is a smaller text size than the default one. Because I would like the make the Username text slightly smaller in size displayed.

2: When you look at a category name heading it has these ">>" before the name dosplayed, how can I remove the ">>" before the category name. So it only shows the name without the ">>" before it.

Answers
1: That part of the postbit template is controlled by the .css call "largetext". You can modify that either via the css stylesheet (templates/modify-delete/expand/css). Or the preferred method (Themes/modify-delete/edit the right theme name/Menu and Welcome Panel/large font size). to separate this from the rest of the large text items, you could just create a new class in the css style sheet called IE:username. and then just copy the largetext info to that one and specify a separate size directly from the css. Don't forget to alter the class call in the postbit template here
<strong><span class="largetext"><a href="member.php?action=profile&amp;uid=$post[uid]">$post[username]</a></span></strong><br />
if you take this route.

2: (templates/modify-delete/expand name of template set/Forum Bit Templates/forumbit_depth1_cat and forumbit_depth2_cat). Look for
<i>&raquo;</i>
remove that.

Hope this helps. Cool
Yes, that helps a lot thanks! Big Grin
np, nice to see that you moved over here from ikon =)
Yes, I remember you also and your SkinX Toungue

Nice to see you also here, nice forum package this complete with a portal page. Very feature packed also!

No doubt you'll be creating some nice new skins! Big Grin
Well, I have a couple up in the themes section at the main mybb site. Kinda waiting on the gold release to make more, but this is a wonderful board and the portal is a beautiful addition.
Yes, to be honest the same here really. Waiting for the gold version before installing as a long standing forum for good. I love the fact it comes with a Portal also without the need to install a mod. I've used all the others like vBulletin, Invision and phpBB etc. And as it stands now it blows phpBB away with it's features. I've also taken notice they have taken the best features from both vBulletin and Invision and used them very cleverly to create this new board. Very good thinking!!!

Must say I'm very impressed with it as a free board indeed. I would like to see a couiple of extra features on the portal page though like the calendar displayed there and vote poll.

I run newly setup vBulletin 2.0 version complete with a portal installed to give you some idea how I would like to see the portal page, take a look: www.ukfisherman.com

Not bad, however It did take me awhile to find a forum link (had to click on the vb logo top left / couldn't find a link ((maybe I'm just blind))). and it seems to blow out the side of my screen in firefox 1024x768.
Was it just the portal page causing you problems with firefox, or both the forum and the portal page.
Pages: 1 2