MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Cpanel or Plesk?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I use Direct Admin. It's awful, just less awful.
setting domains up in webmin is fairly easy too, plus you can install stuff like MySQL with it.
(2013-01-14, 05:16 AM)Alex Smith Wrote: [ -> ]Have you tried direct admin? I found it a lot more user friendly than cPanel. But, both those are part of managing a server as well. E-mail I feel is better handled by third party services now simply because of the many advantages they offer for little to no cost. Domains aren't bad to set up. I would have the dns managed by another service though because that can be a pain.

Haven't tried it and I'm pretty new to cpanel, CLI etc so what would be the easiest one? I mean like more easier to understand, navigate etc.
CLI is easy when you get used to it. I'd say go ahead and use that. If you're going to learn how to use something it might as well be something which can be used in the real world.

[attachment=28321]
(2013-01-14, 06:17 AM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]I use Direct Admin. It's awful, just less awful.

It's one of the best.
Try Webmin,
http://www.webmin.com/
Otherwise, get to grips with commands. It'll be more useful to you.
(2013-01-14, 11:43 PM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]CLI is easy when you get used to it. I'd say go ahead and use that. If you're going to learn how to use something it might as well be something which can be used in the real world.

Looks complicated from here lol. BTW how much does CLI cost?
Nothing :-)
(2013-01-15, 07:08 AM)kamz89 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-01-14, 11:43 PM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]CLI is easy when you get used to it. I'd say go ahead and use that. If you're going to learn how to use something it might as well be something which can be used in the real world.

Looks complicated from here lol. BTW how much does CLI cost?

It's just text basically. The command line doesn't cost anything. Just ssh in to the server, login, and you've got yourself a command line like the one above. I use Linux as a desktop and in turn use the command line daily. It's like anything else - HTML, CSS, PHP - You start to pick things up and get used to it.

If you need to know how to use it, use Google. That's the best way. If you want to do something, someone else had probably done it.
(2013-01-15, 01:27 AM)Solidus Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-01-14, 06:17 AM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]I use Direct Admin. It's awful, just less awful.

It's one of the best.
Try Webmin,
http://www.webmin.com/
Otherwise, get to grips with commands. It'll be more useful to you.

:O

I thought I was the only one! Webmin is great.
* Alex Smith hates webmin and found CLI way easier to learn.
Pages: 1 2 3 4