MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [WIP] Spark
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
After a year long break, I've started designing themes again! Here are a couple previews of one I've been working on called Spark:

[Image: wip-preview-1.png]

[Image: wip-preview-2.png]

What do you think?
Not a lot to see here, but ... a lot has changed in a year. What would've been top tier before is not enough now. I think people are expecting way more ambition. Of course, lots of people are still looking for nice, basic themes, too.
Not seeing the spark.
(2013-01-12, 12:56 AM)FullMetalBabe Wrote: [ -> ]Not seeing the spark.

The manners here are unbeatable
(2013-01-12, 01:32 AM)Jason L. Wrote: [ -> ]

I don't think that was rude at all. It was a clever use of words - which I assume she was going for. Give her a break, man.

On topic,
It's nice, but it reminds me of your other work. Not that that's a bad thing, I just think it could be a little more.. different.
I like the colours, the postbit buttons look nice, it would be cool if they were a combination of css sprites and css background colors rather than images.

I would have to see the forumdisplay and index to really say more.
I designed the theme to be simple without heavy modifications but you guys do have a point.

So, rip it apart. What can be improved? I've posted the index, forumdisplay, and showthread so you guys can get a full view of the theme.

Index: http://i6.minus.com/iRjf61fadL5x6.png
Forum Display: http://i6.minus.com/ibhNtlsUDtg7AF.png
Show Thread: http://i6.minus.com/iPr3SiUUUbyQU.png

And Leefish, I would like that too but I tried that on the original Novus and bugs were popping up all over the place with plugins. Still, it's been a while so maybe I should try it again and see if it's okay Smile
(2013-01-12, 02:15 AM)Jordan L. Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-01-12, 01:32 AM)Jason L. Wrote: [ -> ]

I don't think that was rude at all. It was a clever use of words - which I assume she was going for. Give her a break, man.

On topic,
It's nice, but it reminds me of your other work. Not that that's a bad thing, I just think it could be a little more.. different.

It's ok, Jordan. Some people see the smallest thing as rude when they are not even supposed to be.

I think you should change the name of the theme if you want to continue as it is. It doesn't have any "spark" or anything of the sort. The colors are pretty dark themselves and the logo doesn't show/embody the name of the theme either. Other than that, I think it's a nice clean theme, postbit buttons need a lot of work - I don't think the orange does it any favor.
I felt the logo could be more white, other than that I think it's a very clean theme.
The thing is, there's nothing wrong or bad about it that jumps out ... but nothing jumps out. There's like a million themes like this out there already. If you're gonna do something, do something more ambitious than this. You're certainly talented enough.
Pages: 1 2