MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB Login Hash to Wordpress Login Hash
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I need a plugin that takes a MyBB users' login hash and transfers it to Wordpress to so that when logined in on MyBB the user is also logged in our wordpres.

Not sure if it works that way but if close, I'd like the plugin to take user credentials to login to a separate database on localhost (used for WP) and transfer users to it.

It doesn't have to be pretty or super frilly, just need a way to give MyBB users contributor access to a WP installation without having to signup again on wordpress (a second login for WP is okay if needed so long as login credentials are the same as MyBB).

This could be a problem (giving WP same login credentials as MyBB) because of the data loss in the HASHED password... cuz WP probably uses a different hash method... even if the MyBB plugin transfers user and makes a second cookie to allow access to the WP installation.. I just need SOMETHING to make the member experience simple.

Please give ideas. Thank you.

I just want to clarify that I'm willing to pay good money for a working solution. From either the Wordpress side or MyBB side using a read only MySQL access credentials. Needs to be secure of course.