MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: PokéSun - Pokémon Community Forum | Going on 8+ years!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(2013-01-14, 12:19 AM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]I swear this is the 10th time I've read about this forum on MyBB.

And yeah, it's too bright.

I believe this might be my 3rd forum advertising thread on here. xD

Do you have any suggestions on what could be toned down?

(2013-01-14, 12:24 AM)Irreligious Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, it's better now. Seems like you have a nice quantity of content and a dedicated community, let's see if you can hit the 100k mark! Smile

I'm going to see what I can tone down a bit right now and see if it'll work. Thank you for the feedback and hopefully I'll make it to the 100k mark in the near future! Big Grin
Hey, I like the look of your forum, but your main background image (This one:

http://www.pokesun.com/images/pokesun-theme/theadbg.png )

Feels like it's too bright. Maybe try darkening that up a little bit?

Anyways, nice job. ^.^ (Also glad to see you got your modal working)
like the color, and it seems like an active forum
(2013-01-17, 07:47 PM)Eric J. Wrote: [ -> ]Hey, I like the look of your forum, but your main background image (This one:

http://www.pokesun.com/images/pokesun-theme/theadbg.png )

Feels like it's too bright. Maybe try darkening that up a little bit?

Anyways, nice job. ^.^ (Also glad to see you got your modal working)

I actually darkened most of the images by a little, but I'll try to darken it just a bit more and not try to ruin the good colors of it. ^_^ Thanks for telling me about it, though. Smile

And yes! I got the modal login box working right after you helped me. C: I'm guessing something was just wrong with the previous coding I had in for the login area or something. :p

(2013-01-17, 08:18 PM)Murder-Ink Wrote: [ -> ]like the color, and it seems like an active forum

Thank you! Means a lot to me. Smile

--
Board Statistics
Our members have made a total of 40,084 posts in 1,944 threads.
We currently have 459 members registered.
Please welcome our newest member, LurkerChan
[Image: 2195oba.png]

PokéSun was created and officially opened on January 8th, 2012. It's been over five years now, and we've come a long way! 
With almost 90,000 posts, 4,000+ threads, and over 600+ members, we're growing everyday. Smile

We officially reopened on March 1st, 2017, so it's been sixteen days since our reopening. We're glad to be back,
and every day we're working hard to get up and active again! Big Grin

Discussions: 4003
Total Members: 631
Most Online at Once: 182

Comments and feedback is appreciated. Smile
Not going to lie, the theme is hmmm painful to look at.
(2017-03-17, 02:45 PM)DragonLord Wrote: [ -> ]Not going to lie, the theme is hmmm painful to look at.

Hm. Really? How sad. Seems like every theme I create the colors are way too bright for some people. On my Mac devices, they seemed fine. I had a couple of other people also put their input and they loved the colors. I'll have to look into it, though. Thanks for the feedback.
I really love the classic design here, what i can't get used to is the light text on light background, it makes the text too difficult to read, if eyes are sensitive to light.
(2017-03-18, 01:09 AM)Zueq Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-03-17, 02:45 PM)DragonLord Wrote: [ -> ]Not going to lie, the theme is hmmm painful to look at.

Hm. Really? How sad. Seems like every theme I create the colors are way too bright for some people. On my Mac devices, they seemed fine. I had a couple of other people also put their input and they loved the colors. I'll have to look into it, though. Thanks for the feedback.

One of the problems is that your background colour is actually set to yellow. So for a split second before the background image loads properly I'm blinded by a flash of yellow and then my eyes have to adjust to the cyan colour of the background image. Maybe set your actual background colour to cyan and then the transition will be less severe.
(2017-03-18, 04:32 PM)Michael2014 Wrote: [ -> ]I really love the classic design here, what i can't get used to is the light text on light background, it makes the text too difficult to read, if eyes are sensitive to light.

Which is the light text on the light background you are talking about, may I ask?

(2017-03-18, 04:48 PM)kawaii Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-03-18, 01:09 AM)Zueq Wrote: [ -> ]

One of the problems is that your background colour is actually set to yellow. So for a split second before the background image loads properly I'm blinded by a flash of yellow and then my eyes have to adjust to the cyan colour of the background image. Maybe set your actual background colour to cyan and then the transition will be less severe.

Ah. I actually had set it to be like that because the actual background picture was half transparent so mixing it with the yellow color gave it a different color overall, but I have changed it to match the color and made the picture non-transparent. Smile

Thanks for the feedback! I appreciate it!
Pages: 1 2 3