MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Nitpicking: "Templates & Style" menu name
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
So, when you click "Templates & Style", you would assume that you would land in Templates since that's the first item listed in the menu name, but you actually land in CSS Styles. So shouldn't it be Style & Templates?

(I realize this is nitpicking, but it gets me every single time.)
Curiously, even today this happened with me. I clicked in the theme right away thinking it was going to open the templates. It happens once in a while here. Toungue
I completely agree. I always want templates, but I wind up with my stylesheets that I could hardly care less about on most days.
Style & Templates is grammatically correct anyway. Toungue
(2013-01-14, 12:56 AM)StingReay Wrote: [ -> ]Style & Templates is grammatically correct anyway. Toungue

Not So Toungue

As there is more than one style the correct grammar should be :

Styles and templates.

or

Templates and styles.

Mid sentence capitalisation of ordinary words is very poor grammar.Toungue

To be perfectly correct when you need to use the two capital letters you should not use the conjunctive "and"; instead it should be written thus :

Styles / Templates

This gives both words the same importance, without inferring a sentence.

This is of course Queens English, the Americans on the board will have been taught completely differently
(2013-01-14, 01:06 AM)Spangle Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-01-14, 12:56 AM)StingReay Wrote: [ -> ]Style & Templates is grammatically correct anyway. Toungue

Ahhhh, but here's where you're wrong. That is a title, not a sentence.
Technically should be Themes & Templates.
(2013-01-14, 01:14 AM)StingReay Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-01-14, 01:06 AM)Spangle Wrote: [ -> ]

Ahhhh, but here's where you're wrong. That is a title, not a sentence.

Isn't that what I inferred ?Big Grin

(2013-01-14, 09:06 AM)Tomm M Wrote: [ -> ]Technically should be Themes & Templates.

True

Winning post I think !! Toungue
love how we started a grammar debate from a nitpick thread. Toungue
(2013-01-14, 12:50 PM)StingReay Wrote: [ -> ]love how we started a grammar debate from a nitpick thread. Toungue

Aren't threads supposed to diversify.....

Just so some admin can post "Back on topic please" ! Big Grin
Pages: 1 2 3