MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [Techcrunch] 10 Reasons Why 2013 Will Be The Year You Quit Your Job.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
  • Would you rather create something, or follow orders all of your life?
  • This author is blunt and "a bit harsh", but what if he is correct?
Quick summary: The middle class is dead; You have a choice between success and the "prison" of a lousy job. ...you now have no other choice.
(bold is from the original article)

...Until you choose yourself for success, and all that choice entails, you will be locked into the prison. You will stare into your lover’s eyes looking for a sign that he or she loves you back. But slowly the lights will fade, the warmth of another body will grow cold, and you will go to sleep dreamless in the dark once again.

Full article at Techcrunch

What do you think?
Other than the author assuming every manager/boss ever is evil and out to get you, it's a pretty good article.

But those jobs weren't lost because employers hate employees - it's because they don't want to employ people who don't pull their own weight and make positive contributions. I sure as hell wouldn't employ a bunch of pencil-pushers just for the sake of employing them. I also don't give a flying fubar about seniority - this alone causes too many headaches (see: Ontario Teachers Federation striking/arguments against Bill 115). It'd be pretty silly to take a job filing papers and think it's sustainable or rewarding, in the first place.

But then again, there has to be a low-class for there to be an upper-class, right?
Really short-sighted article from someone who obviously lives in a bubble. Like most TechCrunch pieces.
(2013-01-16, 12:14 AM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]Really short-sighted article from someone who obviously lives in a bubble. Like most TechCrunch pieces.

I agree here. Although as years go on I see jobs getting more and more stressful (especially working with technology). I was an employee of everyones favorite company (Apple) and I hated my job as store manager. I quit about two months ago (close to 2013 Toungue) to move onto a better job and I couldn't be happier with my choice.
I have an excellent job with okay pay, but I dread the commute. If I were to switch jobs on 2013, it would be to one of the five companies which are in process of relocating to my city.