MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Go to latest unread post when viewing "Find All Posts"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When you go to User CP or some forum where you have posted, you can press on the small icon: [Image: jump.gif] to go to the latest unread message. If you go to your profile and go to your posts, there's an empty column that could be used for something good:
[Image: 1NYLG]

My idea is to add a [Image: jump.gif] icon to the empty to go to the latest unread post AFTER your post.
Example:

I write on a thread and I'm waiting for someone to respond. I then press on the 2nd link which will go to my post, but I have already read the next 20 posts and I have to go to 3 other pages in order to go to the latest unread post. We already have the "Go to latest unread post" in threads, but we should have the same in the posts.

Thoughts? Smile
That empty column isn't actually empty - it's for the post icon you can attach to posts. It's just hardly anyone would bother attaching an icon to a post. People generally don't even bother for threads, although that is a bit more prominent.

I am a fan of the idea though. Or similar, in order to cater for the post icon still.

(View my latest posts, I've used a post icon on this post...)
(2013-01-15, 07:56 AM)Ryan Loos Wrote: [ -> ]That empty column isn't actually empty - it's for the post icon you can attach to posts. It's just hardly anyone would bother attaching an icon to a post. People generally don't even bother for threads, although that is a bit more prominent.

I am a fan of the idea though. Or similar, in order to cater for the post icon still.

(View my latest posts, I've used a post icon on this post...)

Oh right I didn't know that. I don't use all the functions on MyBB unfortunately. I'm on another forum using MyBB and someone made a userscript for this and it works.
But it inserts the "Go to latest post" icon before the post, like so:

[Image: 1NZbB]

A userscript solves it but I think it's a good idea and it should be implented in the newer MyBB versions.
You could do this with a simple template edit but it would still display even if the user has read all posts.
(2013-01-15, 03:41 PM)JordanMussi Wrote: [ -> ]You could do this with a simple template edit but it would still display even if the user has read all posts.

Yes that is why I am suggesting this. Then it will be implented and work just like it already does with threads.
Bump.
No need to bump it - 2.0 is still a while off...
Requesting this to be moved to the http://community.mybb.com/forum-7.html section instead. 2.0 is still in development, and 1.6 is what I currently want this for.
You're better off asking for it to be moved to the 1.8 Suggestions and Feedback forum. I don't think we will see any new features in 1.6.