MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Predefined Post Form
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Well, replies are not threads Big Grin

so you can't really use XThreads for formatting the replies with custom fields - they are only for first post..

Can you tell me what you are trying to make exactly?
Yes I understand that xthreads can't help me with it but I was hoping there may be another way.

Basically I need a system where requests can be made (using the form I've made using xthreads) and then someone can come along later and respond when the request has been completed or rejected and so on. With the forum I'm currently creating the reply would need the options:

Response: Request Done, Request in progress, Request Done, Request Declined
More Information: (This field already exists as I can use the 'Your Message' field).
It sounds like MySupport (a bit) - maybe you could try out the Help Center from Pirata Nervo? That is quite fullfeatured.

http://mods.mybb.com/view/help-center
That's not really what I want, I just want to add extra reply options.
Maybe you could use a "custom" post icon - the thing is that would be available in all forums. That would maybe make a nice feature request - to restrict post icons to forums the way we can with thread prefixes.

In theory you could use CSS to hide it from the post icon list in other forums.
I still don't think that would quite work. Could we not use html to create fields and dropdown menus that place the entered text into the post? I could show you a code made for me for my old proboards forum which does just that and perhaps it could be adapted or edited to work on a MyBB forum? Smile.
I don't think so to be honest - you need to have a user input in there - and that needs to be parsed and sanitised. I am always hesitant on user inputs as if incorrectly done then it can open up your board to sql injects.

It looks like you are looking for a plugin - you can post in plugin requests, giving as much info as you can (the code block for example).
Ok thanks Smile.
Pages: 1 2