MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Adding a right sidebar to portal
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Did a little searching but didn't find exactly what I was looking for so sorry if this is a faq.

I'd like to add a sidebar on the right of the portal page in addition to the existing left sidebar. Ultimately I would like to be able to place the existing portal info over there if I choose as well as add a Teamviewer slot to display my Teamspeak server information. If anyone has experience with this and would like to help me out that would be great. Thanks.
So is this just so much on a no brainer I have overlooked it doesn't even warrant a response. I know its do-able because I've seen MyBB sites setup the way I'd like mine to be.
Can't help you writing own plugin (I suppose that's the purpose of this thread as it's in Development base) but you may want to try already made one: http://community.mybb.com/thread-131633-page-5.html
You can also do it with simple edits of portal template, add another <td> with TSV code.
If all you want is the three coloumn layout try this:
<html>
 <head>
 <title>{$mybb->settings['bbname']}</title>
 {$headerinclude}
 </head>
 <body>
 {$header}
 <table width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="{$theme['tablespace']}" border="0" align="center">
 <tr>
 <td valign="top" width="200">
 {$welcome}
 </td><td>&nbsp;</td>
 <td valign="top">
 {$announcements}
 </td>
 <td>&nbsp;</td>
 <td valign="top" width="200">
 {$pms}
 {$search}
 {$stats}