MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Mass mail for users
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there any way to let users mass mail?

I need a feature that let users in a group send massmails.

This need to be simple to handle coz most of the users has verry low skills at computers, so I DONT want them in the admin area.
I think there is no plugin for that. But you can make one specific group and put users in that group and make Admin Permissions for that group to only be available to use Mass Mail in ACP. In other words they have access to ACP but they are limited only to Mass Mail.
(2013-01-16, 03:45 PM)JovanJ. Wrote: [ -> ]I think there is no plugin for that. But you can make one specific group and put users in that group and make Admin Permissions for that group to only be available to use Mass Mail in ACP. In other words they have access to ACP but they are limited only to Mass Mail.

And in order to do this, you would need to create a new group. Give it permission to access admin control panel.

Go to admin permissions and edit the GROUP setting. Disable all the settings except mass mail.
(2013-01-17, 02:29 AM)kamz89 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-01-16, 03:45 PM)JovanJ. Wrote: [ -> ]I think there is no plugin for that. But you can make one specific group and put users in that group and make Admin Permissions for that group to only be available to use Mass Mail in ACP. In other words they have access to ACP but they are limited only to Mass Mail.

And in order to do this, you would need to create a new group. Give it permission to access admin control panel.

Go to admin permissions and edit the GROUP setting. Disable all the settings except mass mail.

Well its an option but it seems to be way to advanced for most of the users. We are talking about a group of people between 40 and 70 who most of them "never seen a computer".
The thing is that they want both a forum and a mailinglist and myBB seemed to be a verry nice and simple to use forum, and I dont want to set up two different sites that would really mess things up for them.
Maybe there could be a way to do it if they post in a forum?