MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Guest Reply Moderation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello,

First of all i made a 2 hours research and finally had to open this thread i am really sorry for this.

I have a huge forum that has hunderds of categories - sub categories. So i have a huge traffic.

I want to drive my guest traffic to comments but surely i want to moderate them before approve. (spam / hater messages etc)

But in mybb settings it is too hard. Because if you select "moderate new replies" it make for all users and moderators' new messages. I want only moderate guest replies.

Also with hunderds of categories, isn't it too hard to select that options 1 by 1?

It is really important for my forum, i want my guests to join my communicate which don't wanna signup. So guest comment is the best way for this.

Sorry for my english. Thanks for helps from now.
(2013-01-18, 04:11 AM)weBex Wrote: [ -> ]This might help:
http://community.mybb.com/thread-94724.html

Hello really thank you it helped me but it is seems like it makes me some trouble about comment posting. It is not allowing for quick reply (because guest name form not appers)
(2013-01-18, 03:16 PM)Gwindor Wrote: [ -> ]Hello really thank you it helped me but it is seems like it makes me some trouble about comment posting. It is not allowing for quick reply (because guest name form not appers)

Ah then I'd try the one Mei Chan suggested. Hope that works better.
Hello thanks for all.

Webex thanks for help again. Everything is okey but i am getting trouble about quick reply.

I add username form with <if ... code, it works but i am getting parse syntax error. I made a research and i installed a plugin that which allows php coding in templates. But it doenst help me also. %99 people using quickreply so it is critical important to make guests enter username before send comment.
What are you trying to do with the IF code? And can you show us the entire code? That would allow us to spot the problem.
(2013-01-18, 09:19 PM)weBex Wrote: [ -> ]What are you trying to do with the IF code? And can you show us the entire code? That would allow us to spot the problem.

http://community.mybb.com/thread-92395-p...#pid704067

This one

<if $mybb->user['uid'] == 0 then>
{$lang->username}: <input type="text" name="username" class="textbox" /><br />
</if>
Try this instead:
<if in_array($GLOBALS['mybb']->user['usergroup'], 
array(1)) then>
{$lang->username}: <input type="text" name="username" class="textbox" /><br />
</if>

1 should be the unregistered users group.
Pages: 1 2