MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Blank post problem.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A user on my site reported that his post had come up blank. He said everything looked fine and couldn't figure it out. I took a look and immediately saw that he'd left a "]" off the end of a quote somehow. I fixed it and all was well.

Trouble is, I was not able to reproduce it unless I actually copied and pasted his post with the missing "]" included (or, well, excluded). I whittled down his post as far as I could to reproduce the blank posting problem. At present, posting this will cause the post to be blank:

[quote='robexib' pid='51552' dateline='1358480240']
[/quote]

[quote='robexib' pid='51552' dateline='1358480240'
a console thatll last them at least 5 years if not more if the system really takes off like the PS2 and SNES did then spend $800 at the very least building a system that's been futureproofed for a few years
[/quote]

Rob, I'll agree that if you play games on the weekends sometimes, maybe for a few hours, and own around 2-3 games, a console is the best choice. I'm not a "super gamer", but I use my computer every day, I play games during the week, I own a few dozen that I currently play, I use high resource programs regularly, and the internet is my sandbox. For me, it's worth investing more money in a computer.

If I remove even a single character from that, anywhere in the post, it becomes visible when saved. I cannot, for the life of me, figure out what specifically is causing that seemingly innocuous post to end up blank.

Edit: I have also confirmed (using the post preview) that it causes a blank post on this forum as well, so it's not just my forum and obviously not any mod I have installed.