MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How much disk space does your /uploads directory consumes?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Alright, somebody has asked how much db size will it take for a big forum, I am planning to buy a new web host, the disk space is 20GB, I am not sure if it will be sufficient for avatars and attachments :/
Don't allow attachments?

Basically, there's plenty of image upload services people can upload things to.
Thanks for giving me an idea, I will disable attachments,
http://mods.mybb.com/view/gravatar is there any alternative for this one?

edit: @Ben You mean for the image uploads, avatars won't have a big deal on disk space right?
(2013-01-18, 09:39 AM)rapture Wrote: [ -> ]edit: @Ben You mean for the image uploads, avatars won't have a big deal on disk space right?

That's exactly what I mean.

Avatars shouldn't impact that heavily - But you can change how large the maximum is.
Thanks again, I would move my site to a more reliable shared web hosting then will move to vps after I invested enough money.
Currently using only 41mb for ./uploads
(2013-01-18, 10:49 AM)rapture Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks again, I would move my site to a more reliable shared web hosting then will move to vps after I invested enough money.

We can take care of you at Dodokin. If you need more space contact us via the live chat and we'll talk about a custom plan Smile.