MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Modifying board statistics in the database
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi.
We are preparing to perform a migration from an old phpBB2 forum (where we have no database access) to a new MyBB forum. We have created a scraper that will collect all the content from the old forum, and have successfully inserted posts, threads and users into the MyBB database.
The question I have is regarding the board statistics, that can be seen on stats.php. Where is this page (and other pages including this info) getting the numbers for the board total statistics? We have to modify these values manually, since we are not posting the proper way, but inserting directly into the database. We have updated the "posts" and "threads" columns in the forums and threads tables, but it seems like the statistics are coming from someplace else. We have also tried inserting the correct numbers manually into the stats table, but that does not make any difference.

I realize that this is probably not a supported operation, and am not expecting a guide for how to fix this, but if someone could point me in the right direction regarding which table I should look in, I would be most grateful.
Have you tried running the recount and rebuild tools in the ACP?

ACP >> Tools & Maintenance >> Recount & Rebuild >> Recount Statistics
(2013-01-18, 12:24 PM)Alan Shepperson Wrote: [ -> ]Have you tried running the recount and rebuild tools in the ACP?

ACP >> Tools & Maintenance >> Recount & Rebuild >> Recount Statistics

Thanks a lot, that solved it. I was looking for counters in the database, so I didn't even consider the ACP.