MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Problem using fixed header – need to offset viewport
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
(2013-01-19, 01:54 AM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]There are other solutions though Jason, and not all of us use JQuery.

I will look to see if Scriptaculous can do it if a css solution is not working.

Well, um...this solution was for brad-t. and he does...so.

Also, 1.8 is coming out so soon so installing jQuery on your board would rather help you prepare than to be left behind. You're going to install jQuery eventually, I hope you realize.
I was on the track of a pure CSS/HTML fix earlier but it was very, very janky and involved tables overlapping each other. I wouldn't recommend it. the #pid throws a wrench in things – I couldn't find a single pure CSS solution that worked if you didn't know the exact anchor.
(2013-01-19, 01:55 AM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you Scoutie, I shall hurry off and test.

IT WORKS!!!

* Leefish goes to test in many browsers.

thank you

Sweet Cool
Scoutie's fix seems to work for me, as well. One issue is that while clicking anchors within the page I find my menu sometimes disappears ...
Does the menu just stick at the top of the page or where it was or?
(2013-01-19, 01:56 AM)Jason L. Wrote: [ -> ]Also, 1.8 is coming out so soon so installing jQuery on your board would rather help you prepare than to be left behind. You're going to install jQuery eventually, I hope you realize.

Jason - I do realise. I realise that jQuery is a much easier library to work with than Prototype and Scriptaculous and when I am NOT using MyBB I use JQuery exclusively, so I do look forward to that being the js of choice.

What I won't do is load Jquery and Prototype at the same time - Prototype is already a big weight on loading and for MyBB to work I have to use it, so, with regret, I don't use JQuery.

Yes I cache, yes I use google CDN yadda yadda.
(2013-01-19, 02:07 AM)Scoutie44 Wrote: [ -> ]Does the menu just stick at the top of the page or where it was or?

it just vanishes. as soon as you click anywhere or start scrolling it reappears. very weird and intermittent bug and not a show stopper for me.
(2013-01-19, 02:14 AM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-01-19, 01:56 AM)Jason L. Wrote: [ -> ]Also, 1.8 is coming out so soon so installing jQuery on your board would rather help you prepare than to be left behind. You're going to install jQuery eventually, I hope you realize.

Jason - I do realise. I realise that jQuery is a much easier library to work with than Prototype and Scriptaculous and when I am NOT using MyBB I use JQuery exclusively, so I do look forward to that being the js of choice.

What I won't do is load Jquery and Prototype at the same time - Prototype is already a big weight on loading and for MyBB to work I have to use it, so, with regret, I don't use JQuery.

Yes I cache, yes I use google CDN yadda yadda.

A minimized jQuery is library is 94kb...

MyBB Prototype is 163kb.
And it's not gonna matter in a few months when Prototype is dead in the water. Better to build for the future.
Yes Brad, but I already HAVE all my scripts lined up for when I can use JQuery. So I think I have the future covered. Thank you

Exactly Jason - running a cached copy of Prototype from Google is the best solution (with a local fallback) but you are right it is huge - and I HAVE to load it to run MyBB. I only need to load jQuery for eye-candy and so I personally cannot justify the extra loading time.

Do not get me wrong - rather, read my post - I am Looking forward to using 1.8 and jQuery.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5