MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: What security Tools Mybb Official Forum use?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I feel mybb servers damn fast and secure.
Can they please list their plugin list and security systems so that i can apply on my forum.
Reason why i want:
1. Heavy server resources using bots on my site make it down again and again, this is 3rd time i'm gonna change my host....Completely tired of this orange.
2. Slow speed of site even on a good server.
It sounds like you're getting DDOS attacked.

You can use tools like "My Proxy Killer", to help block proxies spammers & attackers use:
http://www.mybbcentral.com/thread-1658.html

And look into using Cloudflare:
http://www.cloudflare.com/

To help mitigate the attacks.

Another solution would be to talk to your Host, mine dealt with all the mitigating so I didn't have to use the Proxy Killer or Cloudflare.
What host you use buddy

But even then you can't achieve speed of MyBB Forums, I think they have made some modifications/using some extra features.
We run on two dedicated servers, one for NGINX, mail, and other such services, and one dedicated to MySQL. We have anything between 30 and 60 GB of RAM between the two servers. Our setup is designed to serve millions of pageviews per month. Unless you're serving half we what are it probably isn't going to help you.

We won't be disclosing our security systems. Firstly because that could aid any attacks made on the site and secondly because it goes higher than what most of the team are aware of, even at data center level.

What's your forum URL? How many page views are you serving per month? It's either the case you need more resources or you keep choosing hosts which don't have well tuned servers.
And did you notice their posts are immediately visible on google, even a better rank's site than this are not such fast? well it may be another issue.
(2013-01-19, 03:56 AM)Bhojo_Rajo Wrote: [ -> ]And did you notice their posts are immediately visible on google, even a better rank's site than this are not such fast? well it may be another issue.

That's at Google's own discretion. This site may have more authority than others.