MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Meta Information
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
How do I add/edit the meta information for my forums?
Add it to your headerinclude template,

Which is under ungrouped templates

At the top of headerincludes

add

<meta name="description" content="A Forum with a wide variety of people in tools. Where great minds can unite. Imtiax.net" />
<meta name="keywords" content="General Forums, Lounge, Talk, Computers, Technical Issues, Linux, Windows, Gaming, Market Place Tools" />

Just edit the description and keywords to suit your forums. I copied that from my forum.
(2013-01-19, 04:53 AM)imtiax Wrote: [ -> ]Add it to your headerinclude template,

Which is under ungrouped templates

At the top of headerincludes

add

<meta name="description" content="A Forum with a wide variety of people in tools. Where great minds can unite. Imtiax.net" />
<meta name="keywords" content="General Forums, Lounge, Talk, Computers, Technical Issues, Linux, Windows, Gaming, Market Place Tools" />

Just edit the description and keywords to suit your forums. I copied that from my forum.

Thanks for the help. I appreciate this.
You should not add it to the headerinclude template. That will lead to duplicate meta tags across all pages which is bad for SEO.

You should add it to your index template instead. For showthread and forumdisplay I advise you use the Google SEO plugin to dynamically create them.
(2013-01-19, 05:01 AM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]You should not add it to the headerinclude template. That will lead to duplicate meta tags across all pages which is bad for SEO.

You should add it to your index template instead. For showthread and forumdisplay I advise you use the Google SEO plugin to dynamically create them.

Can you link me to the plugin that you are referring to?
(2013-01-19, 05:01 AM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]You should not add it to the headerinclude template. That will lead to duplicate meta tags across all pages which is bad for SEO.

So should I add the meta tag using only Google SEO plugin or both the plugin and the index template?

EDIT: Still need to know what to add to the index template.

The plugin also says:
Quote:Edit your forumdisplay and showthread templates to include {$google_seo_page} in the <title> tag.
Can you explain this a bit more detailed?

EDIT: Figured this part out.
I still need help with this. I need to find out what to add to the index template if I am using the Google SEO plugin.
I still need help with this if anyone knows.
Google SEO doesn't add the meta tag to the index template. Just add one yourself.

<meta name="description" content="Your forum description" />
Pages: 1 2