MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Custom nstallation Set, Themes Pak, and custom Plugins
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello:

In an effort to adhere to the guidelines of this forum, I am combining three requests into one. The requests are in no particular order. before i list the requests, let me give some background about who i am and what i'm trying to achieve.

• Introduction: My name is Carly Shae, I am trying to get a forums community going for both my company (internal discussion board). and for my community driven site that is trying to find a little girl who helped me through a tough time and tell her thanks as well as try to help others in the same way she helped me by being there to listen to others. I cannot make any kind of financial payment for service(s) rendered as my money goes to site expenses and living expenses. However, if you would like technical support services or MyBB hosting services, i would be willing to work out a deal with you.

• What needs to be done:

o Custom installation set: I’ve done all the hard work in reading up about MyBB and the plugins/mods that I have chosen, however, it seems as if once I resolve one problem with a plugin, another plugin causes a problem. I have created a “source files set” zip file with the MyBB source files and all zip/rar files of my selected plugins. If someone could download this file, put all the plugins in the appropriate places in the file/folder tree, fix any and all errors in those files and files that ship with MyBB thus creating a “customized implementation” of MyBB. All I would like to do with the set is have the modified folder ZIP’d then unzip, upload/copy the files, run through the install script, configure everything the way I want it, and presto…. I’m done.
o Skin pack: I would like skins that are not only accessible for those with vision impairments but look nice as well. The skins I would like are to be based on the MyBB theme but in all kinds of different colors (blues, pinks, purples, greens, reds, oranges, and any combination thereof).
o Custom plugins: I would like a set of plugins that add the following functionalities to the custom installation set (see above)
 Multi-BB hosting: create a customizable script that automatically creates a “default install” of MyBB, puts a demonstration forum and post to show that it works, creates the MySQL DB, has just the default MyBB skin (initially) and no mods (initially), but enables the installation of the skins/plugins from the two above mentioned items from within the adminCP for each mod/skin it uses “account credit” to install on the instance, when there is no more credit no further mods/skins can be installed without making posts/referrals to the site, uninstalling a previously installed skin or mod (thus refunding the credit used by that item), or submitting a request for more credits with a valid reason (requests are manually approved by site staff), or by showing that their board is actually getting traffic and their not just wasting my diskspace and bandwidth. Upon account creation, each account comes with a customizable amount of account credits, more credits can be earned or requested. Auto-delete inactive boards so say if your board does not get any visits within 30 days you get an email notice 7 days before and if still no traffic, it gets deleted (database, customizations, files…) this can be increased on an account-by-account basis. And also creates the initial admin account (name and password chosen by user on signup)
 Staff directory/locator plugin: meant for companies/organizations that have internal BBs this plugin would for each member create an additional user cp item where they can fill in customizable fields (say in organization A you had the fields: ADM ID, Tellos IMS Ext., department, hours, lunch/break times. And in organization B you had screen name, Lightbulb ID, team, class, ext., etc.) those fields could be defined on a company by company basis. Then if you need to find someone, you just bring up a search where you can fill in at least one field or as many fields as you like to find the person or bring up their profiles (called “global jackets”) the reason I say more than one profile is because there would be just the forums profile and then there would be this “extended profile”. Normal+extended=global jacket. And at the person’s choice, any or all extended fields can appear in their signature and/or on the posts they make. And if you didn’t want to fill in anything but just get a global listing of everyone you can click on a button that says something like “Global Directory”. On a person’s global jacket, you could immediately send a PM, or start up a one-to-one or one-to-many chat with selected users/groups.
 Customizable IRC-like chat system: I would like a customizable IRC-like chat system integrated into the forums with the following “highlights”:
• Customizable text and icons: for each chat instance, there can be a way to override the stock icons/ text (like system messages)
• ** for more highlights, see the attached PDF file.
if you can take on this job, please contact me by PM. If the job is completed to my satisfaction, then you wil be granted some form of technical service (i.e. website hosting (email and other features included) , technical support services (support requests are handled by email and are "classed" by severity (Sev. A is mission critical whereas Sev. C is a whenever i get around to it) the severity level is to be determined by me but you can suggest a severity level.)
I can help you with some of these things, drop me a pm