MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Copy Forum Usergroup permissions to a different usergroup?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I've been trying to figure this out for a few days.
How do I copy the forum permissions for every forum from one usergroup to another?
It is not possible by core, you need a plugin to do this.

You can request a plugin in the Plugins Requests forum, or ask for help in the Plugins Development forum if you choose to write your own.
Omar, isn't there a way to do this with a few MySQL query commands?
Sounds rather complicated, you want all groups to have the same permissions in all forums?
Well here's the situation. Registered users aren't able to post until they make an introduction thread. After which they then get automatically upgraded to a full fledged member usergroup.
I'm doing away with that and want to merge down the full fledged member group's forum permissions and group settings into the registered user group. If this is possible and I do it I can then safely delete the full fledged member group since the registered user group will have everything now. That's what I'm wanting to accomplish.
To be honest that sounds that rather a complicated plugin to me (by to how the permission system works) and really doubt anyone will bother considering not many people need this.

You will need to change all permissions accordingly before "merging" groups.
(2013-01-19, 10:26 PM)WebDevandPhoto Wrote: [ -> ]Well here's the situation. Registered users aren't able to post until they make an introduction thread. After which they then get automatically upgraded to a full fledged member usergroup.
I'm doing away with that and want to merge down the full fledged member group's forum permissions and group settings into the registered user group. If this is possible and I do it I can then safely delete the full fledged member group since the registered user group will have everything now. That's what I'm wanting to accomplish.

why not just move all the members of the group to the group you want or edit the group privs to match the group you want them to be in ?
(2013-01-21, 02:20 PM)JimR Wrote: [ -> ]why not just move all the members of the group to the group you want or edit the group privs to match the group you want them to be in ?

Thank you Jim, how to I bulk move users from one group to another? That at least will solve half the issue, I can manually redo all the privileges.
That sounds like the easiest solution, run a query.
UPDATE mybb_users SET `usergroup`='X' WHERE usergroup='Y'

Replace 'mybb' with your DB prefix and it should work. Note that this will not work for additional groups, so make sure there are no users in the group before deleting it.
Thanks OMAR!
Pages: 1 2