MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Link on postbit to Mention
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How I insert a link, that on clicked, insert something in quickreply? Like a quote, but showing like: @{username}, for MentionMod?

Sorry bad english
I got your message in the other thread but I'll be honest friend I don't know how to do that. Sorry Sad
(2013-01-19, 10:30 PM)Wildcard Wrote: [ -> ]I got your message in the other thread but I'll be honest friend I don't know how to do that. Sorry Sad
No problem... thanks for contact Wink
Moderators can close?
$('a[id^="multiquote"]').click(function() {
var mentionedBy = $('this').parent('tbody').find('.post_author .largetext a').text();
});

Then all you have to do is add @ + mentionedBy to the beginning of the cookie (I think, it's untested), sadly I have no clue how to do this, hopefully someone can help. xP

Edit: I think I misunderstood your question a little. If you want it to be a separate button entirely, just replace a[id^="multiquote"] with #id-of-new-button-here.
OP: I see you've specified 'Quick Reply' but I thought I'd mention that adding a codebutton is relatively simple for 'Full Reply' . . .
I just want to add "Mention" link, like on IPB forums, but using the Mentions Plugin...
(2013-01-20, 03:02 AM)Eric J. Wrote: [ -> ]$('a[id^="multiquote"]').click(function() {
var mentionedBy = $('this').parent('tbody').find('.post_author .largetext a').text();
});

Then all you have to do is add @ + mentionedBy to the beginning of the cookie (I think, it's untested), sadly I have no clue how to do this, hopefully someone can help. xP

Edit: I think I misunderstood your question a little. If you want it to be a separate button entirely, just replace a[id^="multiquote"] with #id-of-new-button-here.
Sorry?
Nvm xD