MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: One user can override minimum chars limit !
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

In my forum one user can override minimum post char limit !!
He's in same group as of others, I've set minimum chars to 30.

It's working well for others but not for him.

What might possibly went wrong ??

I double checked this user have been in any addl. groups no he's just a normal member.
Every character used for emoticons/smileys count as well, just in case you didn't realize. Maybe he's not actually overriding the character limit.

What's the user posting that makes you think that?
I know that, My char limit is 30

he can post like

"#test"
Some people use codes. Ex: if you put the opening and closing codes mycode which is [c0de] (O instead of 0) and keep nothing in the middle then it'll count it towards the character count but not show anything in the post or post preview.

People may also use smilies.

If you people are using words such as "#test" or "30char" then you can use word filters or hot words plugin and edit the plugin to change the post count to 100. What this plugin does is that if someone posts a word in the hot words setting and they have 10 posts or less then it gives a pop out warning saying word is not allowed. If you change it to 100 then I'm sure by the time someone would reach 100 posts, they should/would start to become more HQ.
They can do this too.

[color=#000000][size=small]They can do this too.[/size][/color]
(2013-01-20, 07:21 AM)weBex Wrote: [ -> ]They can do this too.

[color=#000000][size=small]They can do this too.[/size][/color]

Yes and the transparent mycode.