MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Can't change forum settings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Whenever I try to change forum settings from admin pannel the changes does not reflect into the forum behaviour. For example, I modified the number of posts displayed on a page raising it from 10 to 30. Now the setting shows 30 posts/page but when I refresh the forum I still have 10 posts/page.

After change I verified the file settings.php, my new value (30) was there, but the forum still have 10 posts/page.
You know there is a setting per user for this?
If user has changed it from the default value it will not show the new value.
Yes, I know that and it's not the case. If this was the problem, when I log out I should see 30 posts/page, but there are still 10. I created a new user and I have the same problem. In User CP at Forum display options all the settings are 'Use default'
I have to say, it works fine for me..
In Admin CP -> Board settings -> Change -> Show Thread Options -> Posts Per Page right?
Yeap. I also have the same problem when I try to disable quick reply (globally). Even if it show as disabled in the settings page, the form still appear at the bottom of my threads. I wonder if there might be a problem with my database.
How can I restore all the original settings of mybboard on the database keeping the users, the posts and the attachments? Can I restore only those database tables that deals with forum settings? Wich databases should I keep and wich should I restore? How should I do that?
Well, this might be a chmod issue. Try checking your inc/setting.php's chmod.

[Wiki: HowTo_Chmod] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead)
[Wiki: CHMOD_Files] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead)
I tryed that, even setting this file to 777. The file have the values modified as I changed them on my admin panel (for example 30 posts/page) but the forum didn't seems to follow this settings.
If you try and turn your board on/off, does the board reflect that setting?