MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Home Page editing question......
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys,

Ok, total newb here. I have searched this and cant really find anything I understand to be totally honest. I usually have a guy do a lot of this work for me but he is nowhere to be found, so I have to figure it out myself.

Ok, so.... I have a MyBB forum that is working great and everything is good, but.... I wanted to add a home page to the forum, (I think you guys call it a portal?) So I edited my htaccess file and put in a small line of code and now I have a home page or portal page with no forum, except the header and some side links down the left side. It still has the look of my forum but it is a blank page in the middle.

My question is this.... How would I add a Wordpress Blog to that page or to a home page on my forum? Obviously I have already figured out how to get the blank home page, but would I need to change something to have a WP blog page for a home page?

Im basically looking to have it when you go to www.mysite.com it will bring up my blog with menu links. One of the menus would be the FORUM link. Clicking it would bring you to the MyBB forum I have now.

I cant explain how much I appreciate any help guys. Thanks a million!!

JT
I'm not exactly sure what your looking for.
Are you looking for a portal which displays posts in your forum, recent posts, online users, that type of stuff or are you looking for a separate WordPress Blog?

If you are looking for a portal, you can use the portal.php file in your mybb root directory, or install a plugin such as Advanced MyBB Portal
I followed the steps someone told me about in another thread about how to add a portal page. I did that and the only thing it changed was the middle section was blank. It didnt look like some of the portals I have seen screen shots of, with a log-in section on the left. Ultimately I would like to have a Wordpress blog on the portal/home page. So when users went to www.mysite.com, it would load the WP blog, and tey could then click a link to take them to my MyBB forum.

Thanks,
JT