MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Unable to log-in to CP
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I am having a problem with logging into my Control Panel
The site is:

http://dentalimplant411.com/dental-chat-room/

I did a new install a couple of weeks ago. I was able to log-in without issues several times before this happened.

I am able to access the user cp with my admin password. I was identified as the admin.
When I tried logging in to Admin cp, the login window refreshed as if I entered the wrong password. This continues over and over.

When I change my password in user control panel I am asked if I want to change the password for admin or my username. I have tried updating the password for both without success.

I have also changed my password in phpmyadmin and I am still unable to log-in. My usergroup is set to 4.

Any help would be appreciated.
If you enter the wrong password on purpose, does the screen flash exactly the same way as when you enter the right pw? Or, is there a difference/error message/etc? If the correct PW makes the screen just flash with no error message, but the wrong PW makes you get an error message about the wrong PW... then that's a clue in the fact that you know it's able to recognize the correct PW but still chooses not to let you in.

Almost sounds like how the Admin CP "Honeypot" acts but I'm guessing you'd know if you had that activated, so I'm guessing it's not that. (although I heard a case of somebody forgetting they had it installed and they thought they lost access to their Admin CP)

I've had some issues with cookies keeping me out of the Admin panel in the past. Try clearing all cookies and cache and trying again. Make sure Javascript is turned on and nothing on your system interferes with cookies/etc.
When I enter the correct or incorrect password I get the same response. The page reloads and I have to enter everything again. There is no error message. I will try the other suggestions.
Thanks
(2013-01-20, 05:40 PM)Adobe Wrote: [ -> ]Take a look here.
http://community.mybb.com/thread-126359.html

Thanks for your suggestions.

My cookie settings are as indicated and I still cannot log-in. Even when I click on the register button, the page reloads but it doesn't change.
My site is :

try clicking on register and see what happens.

Another interesting thing I noticed:
There are two categories and each category has several forums. One of the categories and all forums is visible and the other is not. The one that is not coming up on the page is present in the database.

Thank you for your help.
(2013-02-15, 08:20 PM)jwozni2 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-01-20, 05:40 PM)Adobe Wrote: [ -> ]Take a look here.
http://community.mybb.com/thread-126359.html

Thanks for your suggestions.

My cookie settings are as indicated and I still cannot log-in. Even when I click on the register button, the page reloads but it doesn't change.
My site is :

try clicking on register and see what happens.

Another interesting thing I noticed:
There are two categories and each category has several forums. One of the categories and all forums is visible and the other is not. The one that is not coming up on the page is present in the database.

Thank you for your help.

An update to the issue.
I completely deleted all the files and the database and installed from scratch 4 times. On one of the installations I was able to get it to work. I installed Registration Security Question for mybb v1.6. This installation did not even allowed me to register.
I called the hosting company and they have no clue what could be causing this issue. I deleted everything since then and installed again and still having issues.
When I log-in initially and try to log out I am unable to do so. If I shut down and reopen the browser I am unable to log-in.
The only way for me to log-in is to type in homepage/forum/admin.

One more thing:
when I enter "tools and Maintenance"
the configuration file in CHMOD Files and Directories is in red. It indicates that the permission should be set at 777. This is not what it indicates in the instructions.

Anyone has any clue as to how to fix this??
Thanks.
To sort out the file permission just use your FTP program to navigate to the config.php file in the inc folder, right click it and select File Permissions.

Tick all the boxes to make the permissions 777 and save it.

Then try your site again.
Do you have anything funny in your .htaccess file?
(2013-02-18, 08:03 AM)Dennis Tsang Wrote: [ -> ]Do you have anything funny in your .htaccess file?

The file should only contain info that was populated during installation. I am unable to log-in or register after completion of installation.

(2013-02-18, 07:07 AM)mike537 Wrote: [ -> ]To sort out the file permission just use your FTP program to navigate to the config.php file in the inc folder, right click it and select File Permissions.

Tick all the boxes to make the permissions 777 and save it.

Then try your site again.

I tried it and nothing changed. I even tried to install it with the config permissions set to 777 without any success. Thanks
Maybe ask your host, some servers do not allow some file permission changes. Dodgy

I had similar a few years ago and a ticket to the host then allowed me to set permissions on file by FTP.

Maybe someone with more knowledge will advise further but sure that was the case and solution when i had similar.
Pages: 1 2