MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB SQL Error?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When I try to get to my forums I get this message-

MyBB SQL Error
MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
2002 - Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)
Query:
[READ] Unable to connect to MySQL server
Please contact the MyBB Group for support.

How do I fix this?
Contact your host.
I tried they weren't any help
(2013-01-20, 05:52 PM)cyberknight8610 Wrote: [ -> ]I tried they weren't any help

I've had this error before and Nathan Malcolm told me it's because the MySQL server is down, you will need to contact your host - I don't see why they wouldn't help.
(2013-01-20, 05:52 PM)cyberknight8610 Wrote: [ -> ]I tried they weren't any help

Your joking me? If that's the case get a new host because your current host is pathetic.
(2013-01-20, 06:00 PM)markwesley Wrote: [ -> ]

I've had this error before and Nathan Malcolm told me it's because the MySQL server is down, you will need to contact your host - I don't see why they wouldn't help.

Precisely.
Which host is this Cyber? If you don't mind me asking?... I can recommend a few good ones that I host with.
Quote:Unable to connect to MySQL server

This is why we suggest that you communicate with your server.

Maybe if you SHOW them the entire message to your host they will admit that it is their problem because myBB is definitely NOT the problem.