MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Thank you/ like system on Mobile Device
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi

I'm using the thank you/ like system here: http://mods.mybb.com/view/thank-you-like-system

I'm also using MyBB GoMobile for mobile users here: http://mybbgm.com/

However if I believe that Mobile Devices don't support live loading as is seen when liking someones post or replying to a message, if you reply to a message on a mobile device it goes to the redirect page as opposed to loading live without refreshing, I need to know how to make the like button also do this as when you click it on a Mobile Device currently it attempts to load live but nothing happens. If I refresh the page I have liked the post so the system works fine, I just need it to refresh the page instead of trying to load live.

Thanks
Anyone able to help with this?
Maybe try this (not tested)

in the thank you like templates replace

onclick="return thankyoulike.add({$post['pid']}, {$post['tid']});" 

with

onclick="document.location.reload(true)"
That has worked sort of but for some unknown reason the like button now only displays on the first post but not the rest (in the mobile version where I've made the above edit), the good news is the button on the first post now reloads the page and works.
Hmm, is that a setting somewhere? To show on first post or all?
Yes..
And you have it set to?
Oh I am so sorry, I have slapped myself many times for this and give you permission to do the same on your next visit to London...I was looking at my own posts, you can't like your own posts Dodgy

A problem I'm now having though is that the majority of the time it takes two clicks for the like to register, it's not the biggest problem just a bit of a nuisance.
Yes, I think that really the js file would probably need an edit so that it does the add and then reloads the page. As mybb mobile is a separate set of templates then you could load an "altered" js file - have you tried posting on geeks release thread about this?
Would you know how to do that?

And no I haven't, I don't know what that is.
Pages: 1 2