MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Collapse .gif to .png?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
OK now lets clear out things because there's a confusion.

You want to use your custom collapse images and extension of those images are .gif. The problem is that when you right click on your collapse images on your board and click view image, on top of your browser it says it's a .png file and you want it to be .gif.

Also, what is the link to your site?
(2013-01-21, 11:48 PM)kamz89 Wrote: [ -> ]OK now lets clear out things because there's a confusion.

You want to use your custom collapse images and extension of those images are .gif. The problem is that when you right click on your collapse images on your board and click view image, on top of your browser it says it's a .png file and you want it to be .gif.

Vise-versa, I want them in .png but it still tries as .gif even though I modified the .js file. I'm still working on the site so I would not like to disclose the URL.
(2013-01-21, 11:51 PM)Turbo Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-01-21, 11:48 PM)kamz89 Wrote: [ -> ]OK now lets clear out things because there's a confusion.

Vise-versa, I want them in .png but it still tries as .gif even though I modified the .js file. I'm still working on the site so I would not like to disclose the URL.

Well most of us out here are webmasters and this is not a board to get members from.

Secondly, often people PM me the link if they don't want to release it to others in public. I'm having a feeling your site is against the MyBB support rules and regulations

The link to your forum will help me out a lot also what's the path to your custom collapse images?
(2013-01-21, 11:54 PM)kamz89 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-01-21, 11:51 PM)Turbo Wrote: [ -> ]

Well most of us out here are webmasters and this is not a board to get members from.

Secondly, often people PM me the link if they don't want to release it to others in public. I'm having a feeling your site is against the MyBB support rules and regulations

The link to your forum will help me out a lot also what's the path to your custom collapse images?

Not at all, it's not agaist the rules. I'll PM you it right now to confirm, I did revert the changes to the collapse though.
Alright thanks for the link.

Here's a simple and effective solution.

In your Im****s theme, find collapse.gif>right click>rename>change .gif to .png

Now that will remove the crack image and on your board, you would see the images. Now to replace these images, simply rename your "custom" images to the same name of collapse along with the same extension then upload it to your FTP. Do this through file manager in your cpanel.
I renamed my custom .png image to .gif and it does not look that bad, so I guess I will go with that. Thanks everyone for their assistance.
Glad I could help. Your welcome.
(2013-01-22, 12:06 AM)Turbo Wrote: [ -> ]I renamed my custom .png image to .gif and it does not look that bad, so I guess I will go with that. Thanks everyone for their assistance.

If you use quite some plugins that make use of this feature or even if you don't it may not be worth it. It is just not the JS file that requires changes, but others as well (i.e:misc.php).

I just replaced the gif images with png ones as you did.
Pages: 1 2