MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Inline Moderation not working
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Hi Kyle, sorry, I went away Big Grin

What you need to do is to install mybb as if it was on a "real" website, so create the database and so on in the phpmyadmin. Give it the same passwords and so on as your real site as it makes it a bit easier later.

Then install.

Then - go to the database IN XAMPP and drop all tables but keep the database names and users.

Go to your real website and make a backup of the database then upload that to the db you just emptied. Export the theme from your real site.

Get your theme specific stuff (images etc and any plugins you may have and install them) Import the theme to the Xampp install via the ACP just as usual

Now go to the localhost and you SHOULD have a copy of the real site.
Whenever I import the db on the emptied db on the local host it just keeps telling me that the db already exists Confused

Solved that problem but now I copied some folders across (inc etc.) and I'm no longer able to login so I'm going to need to reinstall I think and then not do that. Datawise (not db) what should I be copying across and not cause a problem?
Check the settings file.
Well I haven't been able to make it exactly the same but I believe all the inner workings are the same and I've got it close enough, the problem still persists.

It seem to happen after the plugins were installed however disabling the plugins didn't stop the problem so I'm going to have to assume it's the installation of a plugin that's done it. As I have a duplicate forum I'm going to try uninstalling plugins one by one until it works.

On a side note, you say the problem is cookie related, what should the cookie settings in the general configuration be?
um, I always get horribly lost on this - let me refer you to the sticky....

http://community.mybb.com/thread-126359.html
My late hunch was right, it was all down to those settings being set incorrectly Big Grin.

Thanks very much for all your help.
You are welcome, and now you have a rinky-dink offline test environment. How cool is that?
Indeed I do Big Grin, thanks again
Pages: 1 2 3 4