MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MySupport 'Mark Solved (and close)'
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
My support is regarding the MySupport plugin here: http://mods.mybb.com/view/mysupport

Currently the plugin gives many options including these two:

Close threads when marked as solved??: Always, Optional, Never

&

Can the author mark their own threads as solved?? Yes, No

I have selected 'Always' to the first option so that everytime a support thread is marked as solved, it is also closed, I have selected 'yes' to the second option so that members who have asked the question can marked the support thread as solved once solved. However this has sparked a problem, as members aren't able to close threads when they mark the support thread as closed they are just given an error message telling them that they don't have permission to do this.

Now as I don't believe there is a way to allow members to be able to close threads I was wondering if anyone is able to help me modify the plugin so that staff only get the option to 'Mark as Solved (and close)' but members get the option to 'Mark as Solved' but not close. Alternatively if there's a way to allow members to mark only their support threads in this board alone as Marked and close that would be even better.

Thanks,
Kyle
There is a plugin that allows members to close their own threads...

http://mods.mybb.com/reviews/thread-open-close-yourself

Maybe if the author of a thread had permission to close it then you could use that in conjunction with my support.

The other option would be to make closure optional so the mods have to remember to close it.
I don't know about you, but, this doesn't really help. Toungue

Quote:Welcome to The Transport for London Forum V2, this forum is not yet open.
For Updates on V2 and more information please visit the current forum if you haven't already at: www.thetflforum.co.uk
(2013-01-22, 05:44 AM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]There is a plugin that allows members to close their own threads...

http://mods.mybb.com/reviews/thread-open-close-yourself

Maybe if the author of a thread had permission to close it then you could use that in conjunction with my support.

The other option would be to make closure optional so the mods have to remember to close it.

If that plugin can be adapted to only work in the one forum then it would be exactly what I need.
Looking at the close thread plugin it requires an additional "close button" on the showthread - so I am unsure if this would actually do what you hope. The good thing is as it is an image then you could remove it from the template. I think the best I can say is try it out.

The other option is to ask Matt Rogowski if he could update the plugin for you.

I do see that the plugin looks for an input action, so you might be able to hack that line to match up to the "set to solved" input in my support.
I will give it a go however in the meantime if someone has another solution should this not work I'd still appreciate it.
(2013-01-22, 06:11 AM)kylesw555 Wrote: [ -> ]I will give it a go however in the meantime if someone has another solution should this not work I'd still appreciate it.

Sorry I've changed my mind on what I want Big Grin.

Basically I've got the settings now set so that both 'Solved' and 'Solved (and close)' are options, but I want to hide the 'Solved (and close)' option from members so they only get the 'Solved' option but staff get both.
Anyone able to help me do this? Smile
I can achieve this by putting divs around the menu option but I can't work out where the option is.
Still need help Smile.
Pages: 1 2