MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: member.php
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I have just installed MyBB on my website. (I set it all up, was ready to go live with phpBB and then found this and decided it was worth the effort to change because it had all the features i wanted without mods!)

The only problem I have is it seems I can't log out. I have tried to setup the board so portal.php is the main page seperate from the /forum/ directory.

I had a few problems with cookies but I sorted that. I now notice I can't log out so It may be linked to cookies.

When I go to logout I just get a blank page (which is a php hidden error I think.)

Help!

Thanks,

Matt
Cookies are working fine and setup how required. I can login - just the log out page doesnt work!
Honestly, all you need to do is install the forum in your main directory OR redirect users to the portal.php page without change its directory.

You're going through a lot of hassle when you could get the desired result twice as easy. Unless you want to go through hell to get portal in your main directory...?
PHP_Paul Wrote:Honestly, all you need to do is install the forum in your main directory OR redirect users to the portal.php page without change its directory.

You're going through a lot of hassle when you could get the desired result twice as easy.  Unless you want to go through hell to get portal in your main directory...?

The logout button doesnt work from within the directory /forum/ either Confused thats what is confusing me! Even if i login from /forum/!
Ok sorted it - sorry!

I just uploaded the file again and all is ok Confused
Ok, please delete the cookie from your forums manually in Firefox or Opera (don't even tell me you're using IE ;D) then login in using the FORUM.

Then use the FORUM's logout button, and see what happens. Your browser is more than likely treating both pages as separate sites because of the directory switch, and something's getting lost in translation.

It's definitely not the script's fault, as this is ... the first time I've seen this problem crop up.