MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: N/A (not sent) error in sent PMs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Im getting this error in the sent items section under "sent to" after trying to send a PM. this seemed to have started after i moved the site to a new host. Everything moved smoothly except for an error on the admin page that showed up. I found solution HERE and it seemed to fix the admin page error however now i see that im unable to send PMs(however atleast one of my members can send a PM.) any ideas?

update- it does seem that the pm is getting to its destination but it still shows that error.

also i didnt merge from any VB installation.
I'm also using PHP 5.4 and got the same issue... Did you manage to find a fix?
(2013-01-25, 03:18 PM)easiii Wrote: [ -> ]I'm also using PHP 5.4 and got the same issue... Did you manage to find a fix?

No not yet. Im also using the latest php version which im pretty sure is the cause. Hoping someone will chime in on how to resolve this..
Please see: [Issue #2006]
ok i see. but question, what does "Solution - add before second line:" mean? Am i adding the solution after line 513 --> "$recipient_list = serialize($recipient_list);"?
(2013-01-25, 03:35 PM)sarge888 Wrote: [ -> ]Am i adding the solution after line 513 --> "$recipient_list = serialize($recipient_list);"?
Adding after 513 won't fix it! I have also tried replacing it...and I still have the same issue....
@Stefan I'm also waiting for more detailed instructions...and will the next update for MyBB be compatible with PHP 5.4.1?
(2013-01-25, 04:21 PM)easiii Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-01-25, 03:35 PM)sarge888 Wrote: [ -> ]Am i adding the solution after line 513 --> "$recipient_list = serialize($recipient_list);"?
Adding after 513 won't fix it! I have also tried replacing it...and I still have the same issue....
@Stefan I'm also waiting for more detailed instructions...and will the next update for MyBB be compatible with PHP 5.4.1?

I just figured it out, add the solution to line 663.
Which one is line 663?
This one:

// Are we replying or forwarding an existing PM?
		if($pm['pmid'])
		{
			if($pm['do'] == "reply" || $pm['do'] == "replyall")
			{
				$sql_array = array(
					'status' => 3,
					'statustime' => TIME_NOW
				);
				$db->update_query("privatemessages", $sql_array, "pmid={$pm['pmid']} AND uid={$pm['sender']['uid']}");
			}
			elseif($pm['do'] == "forward")
			{
				$sql_array = array(
					'status' => 4,
					'statustime' => TIME_NOW
				);
				$db->update_query("privatemessages", $sql_array, "pmid={$pm['pmid']} AND uid={$pm['sender']['uid']}");
			}
		}
 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>     HERE??????? <<<<<<<
		// If we're saving a copy
		if($pm['options']['savecopy'] != 0)
		{
(2013-01-25, 04:30 PM)easiii Wrote: [ -> ]Which one is line 663?
This one:

// Are we replying or forwarding an existing PM?
		if($pm['pmid'])
		{
			if($pm['do'] == "reply" || $pm['do'] == "replyall")
			{
				$sql_array = array(
					'status' => 3,
					'statustime' => TIME_NOW
				);
			}
			elseif($pm['do'] == "forward")
			{
				$sql_array = array(
					'status' => 4,
					'statustime' => TIME_NOW
				);
			}
		}
 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>     HERE??????? <<<<<<<
		// If we're saving a copy
		if($pm['options']['savecopy'] != 0)
		{

use notepadd ++ and move to line 663 there will be an empty line there. paste the solution found on the bug trackker there. atleast thats what i did and it seemed to have fixed it.
I'm experiencing this issue now in 1.6.9
Just switched to a new server so it could be php compatibility issue. How can I fix it?
Pages: 1 2