MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: change ns server
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
how change ns1 .myhost to ns1.mydonain?
This has obviously nothing to do with mybb.com. Moved.
You have to ask your host to make you nameservers. And i guess you will have to pay for that.
(2013-01-22, 04:53 PM)JovanJ. Wrote: [ -> ]You have to ask your host to make you nameservers. And i guess you will have to pay for that.

This really depends. It's possible to do it yourself if you have the access in your DirectAdmin/CPanel.

I'm probably not the best person to explain it, it's a bit of a long process so I'll leave that to someone else.

But if you're on a cheap shared hosting plan, than yeah you'd probably have to consult your host about it. But if you're on a VPS or Dedicated server, you should be able to pull it off.
(2013-01-22, 04:59 PM)weBex Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-01-22, 04:53 PM)JovanJ. Wrote: [ -> ]You have to ask your host to make you nameservers. And i guess you will have to pay for that.

This really depends. It's possible to do it yourself if you have the access in your DirectAdmin/CPanel.

I'm probably not the best person to explain it, it's a bit of a long process so I'll leave that to someone else.

But if you're on a cheap shared hosting plan, than yeah you'd probably have to consult your host about it. But if you're on a VPS or Dedicated server, you should be able to pull it off.

I never saw there is a option for that, because of that i mentioned that above Smile You're right indeed, but i have some feeling he is on cheap shared hosting and that is one more reason why i sayed above suggestion.
In order to change your nameservers you need to login to your domain provider, go to your domain managing area and look for a place that says Nameservers or edit DNS records. I would recommend asking your domain provider for help or post what domain provider you use. I can only help with Netfirms or GoDaddy because those are what I use so I know how to change nameservers on those two domain providers only.

Alternate which I use is to use Cloudflare and use their "Edit DNS Settings" feature to point your website else where.

(2013-01-22, 05:26 PM)JovanJ. Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-01-22, 04:59 PM)weBex Wrote: [ -> ]

I never saw there is a option for that, because of that i mentioned that above Smile You're right indeed, but i have some feeling he is on cheap shared hosting and that is one more reason why i sayed above suggestion.

I hope you don't mind me correcting you but you have a spelling error. The word should be "Said" not "Sayed".

The OP is asking how to change their nameservers, not make some.
It just seemed like the person was trying to make some, since the OP used ns1/ns2 .myhost.com to ns1/ns2 .mydomain.com as the examples.
not cheap host Big Grin but namesilo cp seem hard

what use A \AAAA\or CNAME Huh
You have to set up a dns sub-domain that points to dns servers before you can use your own domain for dns.