MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Beyonce Lip Syncs the 'Star Spangled Banner' at Obama's Inauguration
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:Say it ain't so, B.

Beyonce lip-synced the "Star-Spangled Banner" at Monday's inaugural ceremonies, a U.S. Marine Band spokeswoman said today.

The band wasn't playing when Beyonce performed her rousing rendition of the national anthem at President Obama's second inauguration.

"We all know Beyonce can sing," Master Sgt. of the U.S. Marine Band Kristin duBois told ABC News today. "We all know the Marine Corps Band can play. We do not know why she decided to go with the pre-recorded music at the last minute."

DuBois later added that, to her knowledge, Beyonce was not singing. It was Beyonce's voice, but a pre-recorded version heard by about a million people in Washington and millions more on television.

A representative for Beyonce did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

The band was not playing while Beyonce was singing, duBois added, but it was live during the rest of the performances, including Kelly Clarkson's rendition of "My Country, 'Tis of Thee." The band was asked not to play for only the national anthem, duBois added.

Clarkson could be seen signaling to Beyonce after the national anthem performance and appeared to mouth the words, "It's so hard."

James Taylor, another performer at the cold, outdoor inauguration ceremony, Monday said he was happy to get through his performance "without any train wrecks."

"It's always hard for a guitar player to play when it's cold because your hands sort of stiffen up and you know nerves tend to do that to you anyway. So I was, you know, very relieved to have gotten to it without any major train wrecks," he told George Stephanopoulos and Diane Sawyer.

The issue surfaced today when Washingtonian magazine first reported that it didn't seem as though "The President's Own" United States Marine Band was playing during Beyonce's rendition.

The pop star, 31, seemed to have audio issues at one point during the song, pulling out her ear piece.

DuBois said she did not know why Beyonce took the ear piece out.

The Washingtonian also noted that Beyonce posted an Instagram photo of herself in a recording studio holding a copy of the sheet music to the "Star-Spangled Banner."

View Source

Opinions on it? I don't get why someone like her would need to.
Only one thing to say.

Fail.
I would lip sync her Big Grin
It's a bit of a slap in the face, but think about it. It was cold, it was said she was sick before she got up to sing, and she didn't decide not to actually sing till right before the inauguration started and she told the band her decision. It was still her voice and it was a great performance. It takes talent to just lip sync as well as she did. There's no doubting that she has talent.
Why should I care how she does her performance? As long as she (or anyone) doesn't butcher it I'm content.
(2013-01-22, 11:53 PM)Frank.Barry Wrote: [ -> ]I would lip sync her Big Grin

I'm not sure what this means but I'm pretty sure it's sexist.

(2013-01-23, 03:46 PM)Firestryke31 Wrote: [ -> ]Why should I care how she does her performance? As long as she (or anyone) doesn't butcher it I'm content.

Well, I don't think it really counts as a performance if the whole thing is pre-recorded ...

That said, I don't care about Beyonce.
It was proven by external footage that she was in fact singing, not lip syncing.
Not a surprise really. Most singers lip sync nowadays.