MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Backslash Problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I just launched a new forum and am getting backslashes every time anyone uses an apostrophe with a word. For example: "I can\'t remember when I was here." I'll get a backslash on the word "can't" every time.

How can this be fixed? Thanks --RichBlush

MyBB version: 1.6.9
(2013-01-22, 10:30 PM)rcdubose Wrote: [ -> ]I just launched a new forum and am getting backslashes every time anyone uses an apostrophe with a word. For example: "I can\'t remember when I was here." I'll get a backslash on the word "can't" every time.

Is there a word filter in place causing it?
(2013-01-22, 10:36 PM)markwesley Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-01-22, 10:30 PM)rcdubose Wrote: [ -> ]I just launched a new forum and am getting backslashes every time anyone uses an apostrophe with a word. For example: "I can\'t remember when I was here." I'll get a backslash on the word "can't" every time.

Where would I look for this?

The Editor Style is set to default.
(2013-01-22, 10:42 PM)rcdubose Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-01-22, 10:36 PM)markwesley Wrote: [ -> ]

Where would I look for this?

The Editor Style is set to default.

Admin CP > Configuration > Word filters.
No Word Filters are in place.
Looks like an escaping issue to me.
Any ideas on how to fix it?

Does anyone know how to fix this?
That shouldn't be happening. Contact your web host and ask them because it doesn't happen on any other forum.
Might this possibly be an issue with magicquotes or something? Just thinking out loud
Yes, Euan T is right, it's related to "magicquotes".

You will need to speak to your host to change the settings, something I had to do myself and it worked when they did whatever they did.
Pages: 1 2