MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: BME StudioZ
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
BME StudioZ is a fangame site with a lot of free fangames, a community, as well as many other things. I really need more members as I just switched to mybb and I have to get more members back. The url if you are interested is:
www.bmestudioz.com
If you want members you must have contents.

*He agrees with himself*
...You think I don't have content? Really? I have 10+ games here. I didn't think content was a problem. And if you think I don't because the main mirror for the downloads doesn't work, try the others, we had to get rid of the first to save space untill my host is upgraded.
I think he is referring to your website. Your homepage is a drop-down links and a google ad right in the middle with nothing else. The welcome text is even hard to look for. The first that a user would see in the middle of their screen is the ad.

Also your game page is just a simple links page. No sense of organization, no preview so you can know what to download ahead of time, no information of any sort (ie: file size).

Your forums seem to have more of a color scheme and a more fluid feel to it.
I organized the games, and gave info. I might add the filesize, and previews are impossible.
Just a screenshot would be better for a preview. Just use the print screen key on your keyboard, leave the game and paste into PS or something similar (even paint at the least).

Also, have you ever considered a download management script?

I can recommend Olate Download. I currently use it on my site and it really makes hosting files much easier. I can track images, and even let people comment on the files to increase hits. Here is a link in case you are interested.

http://www.olate.co.uk/products/od/
What exactly does a download management script do? And screenshots take a while to make, but I guess I'll give it a try when I get the chance. Right now I'm finishing setting up the forum.