MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Mybb & Analytics: Google vs Piwik vs ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

Having recently set up my Mybb site, I'm naturally interested in measuring visitor stats.

Google Analytics seems an obvious option however I keep reading very good things about Piwik.

Apparently there is a Piwik plug in: http://piwik.org/integrate/ which leads to http://mods.mybb.com/view/piwik - although the reviews indicate it doesn't work at all!? It's not been updated for over 2 years either.

So, what do you use? and is it effective?

Many thanks
c_man
Just put the tracking code in the template... That works with every tracking software.
(2013-01-23, 10:23 AM)StefanT Wrote: [ -> ]Just put the tracking code in the template... That works with every tracking software.

Hi StefanT,

Sorry, I think know what to do, - just paste their JavaScript into the header or footer template, right? It shouldn't matter which one should it?

Secondly, I was initially asking which analytics software was best out of the two, or if there was another one I should consider.

Thanks!
There are a number of good trackers services. If you want free those two are the best though. It basically comes down to do you want to host the tracking yourself or have google host it for you?
Thanks all, I gave Google Analytics a go for a day and now trailing Piwik.

Must admit I think I prefer Piwik, the open source nature, the fact that all data is 'mine' and not Google's, the fact they have an official app for iOS too makes it pretty attractive. There is a nice looking app for Google Analytics (Analytics for iPad - Google Analytics made easy By Mario Micklisch) but I don't think there is an official app...

In terms of stats, from what I've seen from my very limited usage, both offer more than enough insight, and both are comparable in what they offer. I did read reviews that Piwik's realtime stats blow Google's out the water (which are sometimes inaccurate) not sure myself though.

So far I'm happy with Piwik.