MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Is there any problem with my .htaccess file
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys,

My website url is: http://uniqueminds.in

Some times my website loads with normal speed (especially in morning hours) and in some other times it loads very slowly, otherwise it won't load at all by giving the following 500 Internal Server Error:

Internal Server Error:
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

But in some cases it loads very normally, when i checked with my host, they told me to check with my ".htaccess" file.

Below is the ".htaccess" file i am having now. (I have installed google seo plugin)

rewriteengine on

# DO NOT REMOVE THIS LINE AND THE LINES BELOW REDIRECTID:3WsqLZ
# DO NOT REMOVE THIS LINE AND THE LINES ABOVE 3WsqLZ:REDIRECTID
RewriteEngine on

# Some hosts require RewriteBase to make RewriteRules work.
RewriteBase /

# Google SEO workaround for search.php highlights:
# Make this rule the first rewrite rule in your .htaccess!
RewriteRule ^([^&]*)&(.*)$ http://uniqueminds.in/$1?$2 [L,QSA,R=301]

# Google SEO Sitemap:
RewriteRule ^sitemap\-([^./]+)\.xml$ misc.php?google_seo_sitemap=$1 [L,QSA,NC]

# Google SEO URL Forums:
RewriteRule ^Forum\-([^./]+)$ forumdisplay.php?google_seo_forum=$1 [L,QSA,NC]

# Google SEO URL Threads:
RewriteRule ^Thread\-([^./]+)$ showthread.php?google_seo_thread=$1 [L,QSA,NC]

# Google SEO URL Announcements:
RewriteRule ^Announcement\-([^./]+)$ announcements.php?google_seo_announcement=$1 [L,QSA,NC]

# Google SEO URL Users:
RewriteRule ^User\-([^./]+)$ member.php?action=profile&google_seo_user=$1 [L,QSA,NC]

# Google SEO URL Calendars:
RewriteRule ^Calendar\-([^./]+)$ calendar.php?google_seo_calendar=$1 [L,QSA,NC]

# Google SEO URL Events:
RewriteRule ^Event\-([^./]+)$ calendar.php?action=event&google_seo_event=$1 [L,QSA,NC]

# Google SEO 404:
ErrorDocument 404 /misc.php?google_seo_error=404

Any thoughts on this...?
If there was an issue with your .htaccess file your site would fail every time.
(2013-01-23, 11:54 AM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]If there was an issue with your .htaccess file your site would fail every time.

I conveyed the same message to my host, but still they are saying me to check with the ".htaccess" file.

I didn't found any server eating rule on the ".htaccess" file, do you see any thing in the above file?
I see nothing obviously wrong with it. It just seems your host is having issues on their side.

You might want to remove "rewriteengine on", it's declared twice. Not such a big deal but unnecessary.
(2013-01-23, 12:02 PM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]I see nothing obviously wrong with it. It just seems your host is having issues on their side.

You might want to remove "rewriteengine on", it's declared twice. Not such a big deal but unnecessary.

Thanks bro, i will check with them again.