MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: CalDAV
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
That's not to say there won't be a calendar developed for 2.0. It would make a nice plugin for those who need it but how many forums really use it?
Well some do. Why remove the functionality if it's useful to some. Not to mention, your competitors offer them for the most part.

CalDav is a natural extension but at least if there's a cal at all, perhaps a mod can be written by an enterprising soul.
Because it would mean spending our time developing and maintaining something from scratch which very few forums use. It would be more suited as a plugin.
(2013-04-19, 08:45 PM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]Because it would mean spending our time developing and maintaining something from scratch which very few forums use. It would be more suited as a plugin.

No, I meant the simple current calendar. I understand if you guys don't want to add functionality beyond the basics that are in there but the way I read the start of this thread was that the calendar was going bye-bye in future versions.

We use the simple calendar the way it is now and it's suffices. If we really wanted to get something major accomplished then we would have to look into 3rd party stuff. It's just nice to have the integration with the forums for lock-down and authentication.

Angel
Pages: 1 2