MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Disable links for unregistered users
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi

Need to disable links for unregistered users. How can i do it?

Best

Miguel

www.informaticos.pt/forum
This plugin should be what you're looking for. But check out the reviews, shelton seems to have posted an important fix.
(2013-01-23, 11:59 PM)Zash Wrote: [ -> ]This plugin should be what you're looking for. But check out the reviews, shelton seems to have posted an important fix.

This is what I tried, and also tried what Shelton suggested but didn't work for me.

I then decided to do it manually.

http://community.mybb.com/thread-128502-...#pid931032
For those who want to avoid core edits and need another plugin, try SCD Hide From Groups.
Thank's Zash. Works fine.

Thank's to you too iHydra.
In some foruns, i've seen that the links are active but when we hit them, takes you to a page sayng that you are not registered. Any one knows how to do it?

Thanks

Miguel
www.informaticos.pt/forum

Can use this credentials to login for tests (or register if you like Smile )
user: MyBBForum
pass: MyBBForum
You can use the plugin MyBB Safelinks, and modify the exit page to throw a petmission error to guests.
Found it. Going to try. Thanks.

I made it. It's working. The only minor problem is that when we hit a link, (and it's logical) it opens the link in a new window and like this, i'll have the guest with two opened windows (the one on the thread and the new one with safelink.php sending him back to login or register but that's all right. Thank you.

Best,

Miguel
(2013-01-27, 05:09 PM)Mike__ Wrote: [ -> ]Found it. Going to try. Thanks.

I made it. It's working. The only minor problem is that when we hit a link, (and it's logical) it opens the link in a new window and like this, i'll have the guest with two opened windows (the one on the thread and the new one with safelink.php sending him back to login or register but that's all right. Thank you.

Best,

Miguel

Try adding
target="_blank"
or
target="_new"