MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: When Posting, See blank screen
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Through ACP.

I'll give the functions thing a try right now.

Running Windows 7 and Chrome.

Will try disabling plugins after I try functions.

reuploading functions did nothing.

disabling all the plugins did the trick.

now it's a matter of enabling one by one and finding out which is the bad egg, i guess! Big Grin
Windows 7 shouldn't have any problem. It's not a server issue either, it's either templates or a file in your FTP.
Badly configured custom template prefixes for some forums with the xthreads mod = White screen of death

Double check that any changes you have made to the templates using XThreads are correctly done. Are you using custom fields?
How might I have badly configured them?

I do have custom thread fields, but none have been used.

Today I *did* add custom template prefixes to some of the forums so that the weather boxes (visible with the show/hide toggle under announcements) would be location specific.

For those I created a custom header_regionbox template which is in the default templates.

For the xthreads ones I did prefix_header_regionbox to replace/fill in.

I do have custom profile fields, though, as well, if that's what you mean outside of the context of xthreads.
Well, I had this a long time ago - I had added an if else in the customfield that effectively exploded my board Big Grin

I think ZB fixed that - but what version of XThreads are you on? You say the issue is with quickreply and that you had made changes TO the templates.

Can you post the showthread and quickreply template please?
I had not made any changes to showthread or quickreply. and I've got v1.62 of Xthreads.

interesting update:
through trial and error the plugin that seemed to crash things was "While you were typing" which is odd because it was working fine the last week or so!

makes me nervous that there's a vulnerability somewhere that xthreads poked since that's the plugin, primarily, that got new use today.
That is interesting - perhaps mention it to ZB on MyBBHacks?
Pages: 1 2