MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Needs To Be Much Easier Way To Upgrade
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Mybb needs a much easier way to upgrade the way it is now takes way to long. Then you have to disable reenable all your plugins come on there needs to be a much eiser way.
Upload files, run the installer. Easy. You really only need to disable/enable plugins if you upgrade from 1.6 to 1.8, or 1.4 to 1.6, you usually don't have to in maintenance point releases.
(2013-01-24, 03:55 AM)Seabody Wrote: [ -> ]Upload files, run the installer. Easy. You really only need to disable/enable plugins if you upgrade from 1.6 to 1.8, or 1.4 to 1.6, you usually don't have to in maintenance point releases.

^^ This. Though I do admit a while back, it was slightly confusing to me too. Just upload files, lock your board directory if you feel like it, then run the upgrader.
Do as the guys above me said, just make sure you turn off the board from the admincp before performing the update, and also make a backup right before updating in case something goes wrong.
After each update, go to Templates & Style -> Templates -> Find Updated Templates, and review each changed one there. You'll most likely want to use "revert to original" on every template that you haven't edited manually.