MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Reputation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there a mod for MyBB that lets the amount of reputation given vary, depending on how much reputation the giver has? So that, for example, somebody with negative rep couldn't give any, and somebody with 20 rep would give more rep than somebody with 3 rep?
i think just make a request down in mods forum and also search for the mod in mods database, you may be lucky enough to get it.
Nope, not that I know of. You would have to build a custom mod for this or edit the current system.
I have been working on this myself. I am not very experienced with PHP, buit I have been able to link the rep array to the users reputation instead of the user group.

The amount of reps a member can add or subtract now equals the number of reps they have. I have modified it a little further though to work like vBulletin's system where a members "Rep Power" is equal to 1/100 of their total "Reputation"

I am also working to tie the reps to the post they were given for, but thats going to take me a little longer.

I have also incorporated Lex's minimum post count to use the rep system modification and zaher1988's modification to require members to spread reps around before repping the same member again.

If anyone wants these mods, or wishes to help modify it further so reps are tied to the posts being repped for, I have attached my reputation.php file. I'd love a bit of help with the mod to tie reps to posts. Wink
(2009-09-24, 03:54 PM)mark-in-dallas Wrote: [ -> ]I have been working on this myself. I am not very experienced with PHP, buit I have been able to link the rep array to the users reputation instead of the user group.

The amount of reps a member can add or subtract now equals the number of reps they have. I have modified it a little further though to work like vBulletin's system where a members "Rep Power" is equal to 1/100 of their total "Reputation"

I am also working to tie the reps to the post they were given for, but thats going to take me a little longer.

I have also incorporated Lex's minimum post count to use the rep system modification and zaher1988's modification to require members to spread reps around before repping the same member again.

If anyone wants these mods, or wishes to help modify it further so reps are tied to the posts being repped for, I have attached my reputation.php file. I'd love a bit of help with the mod to tie reps to posts. Wink

I'm loving the sound if this Big Grin

Can't wait to see it in the 'Release' section when you have it finished Wink