MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Mybb activation email goes to Spambox(gmail,etc) (No any issue with other forums)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I disable registration option on my forum because of MyBB activation email goes to spam box(GMAIL) so I try to fix this by changing my email username, disable message id, etc but nothing work.

Proof there is some problem in MyBB mail setting?
I install other forum software like vanilla and punBB and their welcome email goes to Inbox.

? Sad

Having the exact same problem..
Bloody google!@!

If I find out why I'll repost.
Gmail registrations working fine for me, I've had 2 this week. And just registered one of my own and got activation no problem.
Try using the SMTP mail instead of the php mail() function, if that's not the problem try contacting your host as this is definately not a problem with mybb
Use [email protected] type email as your "Admin Email", it will go directly to inbox.

If you use your normal email id, gmail spam filter detect's source of mail and sends them to spambox.
im also running into this. even my registration for gasp mybb.com did it.... im not sure if i can use smtp....

[email protected] doesn't work
the reply address is not the same as the mass mailers.
ive seen these problems before with gitlab. Huh

i disabled
"Add message ID in mail headers
Disabling this option on some shared hosts resolves issues with forum emails being marked as spam."

still, spam box. email verifications important to me as i believe it will stop some of the spam bots and know that spams a huge problem with forums.
you need to first check with your host and see if the ips are blacklisted.

You may also look into setting up DKIM.
my ip was black listed.... netcraft assisted me in unblacklisting. it was a hosts apache problem loading up localhost.localdomain.... now my from domain.com messages are still spammed. spf is now a problem...

dns records & spf now straightened around.

dig example.com txt
;; ANSWER SECTION:
example.com. 1800 IN TXT "v=spf1 ip4:xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx -all"

thats straightened around. still spam boxed.

i suspect this is the problem for me now.... Received: (from apache@localhost) in the headers.

Received-SPF: pass (google.com: domain of [email protected] designates xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx as permitted sender) client-ip=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx;
Authentication-Results: mx.google.com;
spf=pass (google.com: domain of [email protected] designates xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx as permitted sender) [email protected]
Received: from example.com ([127.0.0.1])
by example.com with esmtps (UNKNOWN:AES256-GCM-SHA384:256)
(Exim 4.72)
(envelope-from <[email protected]>)
id 1VuvdB-0005jq-Jq
for [email protected]; Sun, 22 Dec 2013 21:52:33 -0500
Received: (from apache@localhost)
by example.com (8.14.4/8.14.4/Submit) id rBN2qX78022061;
Sun, 22 Dec 2013 21:52:33 -0500
problem resolved for me. i had to change php.ini sendmail binary in use to postfix. sendmail is junk. dkim was not needed, i left spf in place as it was extremely easy to setup. oh yeah http://thecpamatrix.com is good to go now! Big Grin mybb is simply amazing, i only wish my vps hosting was as reliable.
Hello where to change email for stmp .. please tell me..
My site www.rhforums.com and www.rrshost.com