MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Install a Plugin. (Whole Process)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I need help installing a plugin to my forum. I need the full process. Help please. Sad
First, download the plugin.
Extract it with WinZIP, WinRAR, or similar. Note that Windows 7 has an unzipper built in to extract .zip files.
Launch FileZilla, cPanel, or however you upload files to your forum.
Upload the files, keeping the directory structure intact. ie, upload files in the inc/plugins folder to inc/plugins, admin/modules to admin/modules, etc.
Find your plugin in the list.
Click "Install & Activate" or "Activate" in the menu next to it.
Basically you just upload the files to wherever it says. If there is just a single file in the pack, and no readme, just put the file into ./inc/plugins ...After that, activate it in Admin CP and that's whole process.

Edit Ninja'd by Seabody Smile
So, will all the plugins work on 1.6.9? They say 1.6x...
(2013-01-25, 10:54 PM)LoganD Wrote: [ -> ]So, will all the plugins work on 1.6.9? They say 1.6x...

Almost all. Very little has changed in the branch to disrupt plugins. 1.6x compatible should be good.
(2013-01-25, 10:56 PM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-01-25, 10:54 PM)LoganD Wrote: [ -> ]So, will all the plugins work on 1.6.9? They say 1.6x...

Almost all. Very little has changed in the branch to disrupt plugins. 1.6x compatible should be good.

Okay, one more quick q, I uploaded the files to the right places, but its not showing in my Plugins on ACP.
Make sure that the plugin file (ie, the main file that was located in inc/plugins in the zipped file, it will be called pluginame.php or similar) was uploaded to inc/plugins.
(2013-01-25, 11:04 PM)Seabody Wrote: [ -> ]Make sure that the plugin file (ie, the main file that was located in inc/plugins in the zipped file, it will be called pluginame.php or similar) was uploaded to inc/plugins.

I fixed my own problem, okay, I activated it, now how do I install to where I can use it?
If you activated it, it is installed. We can't tell you how to use it if we don't know which plugin it is. Wink
(2013-01-25, 11:10 PM)Seabody Wrote: [ -> ]If you activated it, it is installed. We can't tell you how to use it if we don't know which plugin it is. Wink

Its the Awating Activation Message
Pages: 1 2