MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Recover Partial Threads From Backup?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys i am really upset now, yesterday night when i make some editings on categories for tabbed menu, i deleted two categories so all threads and messages deleted.

I have 3 days past backup, But i dont know how to get those threads to my current database without a full instert.

It is a huge forum and i cant go back fully to 3 days ago... So i should get a partial back up and get only two category's threads.

There is a way? Thanks you Confused
It's possible if you have some experience with databases.

Something along the lines of

INSERT INTO mybb_forums (SELECT * FROM backup_mybb_forums WHERE fid IN (1,2,3));
INSERT INTO mybb_threads (SELECT * FROM backup_mybb_threads WHERE fid IN (1,2,3));
INSERT INTO mybb_posts (SELECT * FROM backup_mybb_posts WHERE fid IN (1,2,3));

that would restore all threads and posts (except maybe attachments/polls) for the forums with id 1, 2 and 3. Requires you to be able to restore the backup under a different name/table prefix, or into a different database though. Alternatively you could rename the prefix of all existing tables and change the prefix in inc/config.php and then import the backup as it was with the old prefix.

Needs a Recount&Rebuild afterwards. Oh, and rebuild of the forum cache I guess.
Oh it made me scared i dont have a good database experience. Thank you for help.
Sorry for bump.