MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Need someone to fix my issue.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a issue with my theme when someone uses the quick reply it doesnt show. It just shows the loading circle then it goes away and they have to refresh.

I can't replicate the problem for me but others are having the problem.

If someone can help me and fix it I will pay a couple dollars.
It sounds like a possible issue in HTML or something missing from your postbit or a dodgy plugin or it could be a very slow host.

Try replying on the MyBB default theme. You should disable plugins first. If it works there it is a theme or plugin issue.

Then enable the plugins - test again on default. If it no longer works it is a theme issue and you will have to enable the plugins one by one to find the one causing it. If it still works with plugins enabled its a theme issue.

if it is theme issue, check the HTML validates on showthread and that BOTH your postbits contain this piece of code:
<a name="pid{$post['pid']}" id="pid{$post['pid']}"></a>

Then test again on the theme.
It isn't host because host is a well known company.

And when I disable all plugins it works. But then when I enabled the plugins again it worked still. Then few hours later it stopped working again.

Also both postbits have that code.

I just went and manually deactivated all plugins. then I enabled them all again and It seems to be working for 1 member.

So for another member of mine it does not work... He uses Chrome latest version and that was what I was using to test it with... This is getting irritating.
are you using any plugins that affect quickreply?
No plugins. But I think it is working right now.